No products in the cart.
Meditation is an ancient practice that involves contemplation while focusing your mind on your breathe, a thought, or an object. It is a practice that can help you examine what is happening to yourself as a whole person, to understand everything in your life more clearly. Your mind and your external reality are in a constant state of flux. Every second of your life you are creating or constructing your reality through what you think about and what you take in from your environment. Over time you develop habits regarding what you think as well as habits regarding what you take in. Have you asked yourself lately “what are you choosing to meditate on?”
The mind is everything. What you think, you become. ~ Buddha
There is a reason why meditation has been practiced for thousands of years, because its benefits are almost too numerous to mention. Mediation is very down-to-earth and practical and is available to anyone regardless of what religion you practice. It is a way of getting to know yourself that can transform and reveal your life in a new perspective. In all areas, physical, mental, emotional, psychological, and spiritual, meditation has the potential to ease your suffering and help you create a richer and more fulfilled life.
Benefits of Meditation – A Short List
Here you will find a brief list of some of the many benefits of maintaining a regular meditation practice.
- Deeper understanding of yourself and others.
- Helps living in the present moment.
- Creates a widening, deepening capacity for love.
- Brings body, mind, spirit in harmony.
- Helps keep things in perspective.
- Provides peace of mind, happiness.
- Helps you discover your purpose.
- Increased self-actualization.
- Increased growing wisdom and compassion.
- Helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Deeper level of spiritual relaxation.
- Increased acceptance of oneself.
- Helps the learning of forgiveness.
- Changes attitude toward life.
- Creates a deeper relationship with your spiritual beliefs.
- Discovery of power & consciousness beyond the ego.
- Experience a sense of “assurance or knowingness”.
- Experience a sense of “oneness”.
- Increases the synchronicity in your life.
Through meditation you will develop a deeper understanding of who you are. Over time, you will discover where your true nature and abilities lie. You will develop awareness – the capacity to notice every event in your life as it happens. You will find that meditation brings an expansion of awareness in heart and mind that will make your life richer and more fulfilled.
Are you ready to meditate? The most simple meditation, is the Breathe Meditation, originally taught by Gautama Buddha 2,500 years ago is the most powerful and effective meditation and it can be done anywhere, at anytime. Click to the next post to learn how this meditation is done.